Friday 16 October 2015

Homemade Wholemeal Bread!!

Baking is one of my favourite things even if I'm not the best at cakes or making it all look great. I'm more on the taste. One of the things I'm best at is bread. I have made it many times and again made it today so I thought I would show you the recipe and how to make it.

This wholemeal bread recipe I did find on the internet. The website called bakingmad.com so if you want to, go check out their website and see all the amazing recipes they have. It is a very easy and quick recipe, especially good if you are a beginner.

Ingredients:
Wholemeal bread flour (can use normal bread flour) - 500g
Butter - 15g
Salt (optional) - 1 1/2 or 2 tsps
Yeast - 7g or 1 sachet (any kind of easy bake/ dried yeast)
Water - 300ml with 100ml being boiling hot and 200ml being cold
Golden Caster sugar (optional) - 1tsp

Directions
1) Sift the flour into a large bowl adding the salt, sugar and yeast. (I didn't use sugar). Next rub in the butter and pour in the water making it into a nice dough.


2) Put a good amount of flour onto a surface and start kneading the dough. It may take about 10 minutes to get to a smooth and elastic consistency 


3) Put the dough into a bowl/your baking tray and cover to let it rise. Leave it like this for about 40 minutes with it doubling in size.


4) Preheat the oven at 230 degrees and bake for 15 minutes. 

5) Reduce heat to 200 degrees and cook for a further 20 minutes
6) Once taken out let it cool and put on a wire rack
7)Cut it into slices and put your favourite toppings on (I had butter and Pate YUM!)


Thank you for reading and if you liked this recipe try it out or comment below!
Rebecca xx

*This was not my own recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment